When you publish new content, don’t expect it to immediately become viral and find its way to the top of search engine pages. You’ll need to work for that, and building amazing content is a huge feat, but only one of the steps! That’s where proper search engine optimization strategies come to play, which can help you rank new content faster.
But what do you need to do? Read on for tips and strategies you can implement torank new content faster!
Table of Contents
How to Rank New Content faster
Based on experts such as Joel House SEO Darwin, these are tips and strategies to follow for a higher rank on your new content right after it’s been published:
1. Improve On-Site SEO
On-page SEO is the quickest and an effective way to improve search engine rankings. It’s the quickest since you can optimize your website in mere minutes, then find a boost in your rankings within days! However, this only works when you know how to optimize your website properly, basing it on your target keywords.
Here are some tips:
- Your keyword should be at the beginning of the title tag, which is known as “frontloading” your keyword. Search engines would emphasize more on terms that show first on the title tag, putting less emphasis on words showing up at the end of the phrase.
- Your content should be above 1000 words, with studies showing that search engine ranking factors find that longer content equates to higher rankings. Plus, you can use more words to describe your target topic, and making it more informative will make it relevant to your audience, which they will love as a result, search engines will want to put your content on top of relevant search engine results pages.
- Add your target keyword two to three times across your content or webpage. But do NOT stuff these keywords, you should add relevant terms around your page, which will tell search engines that the content or webpage is regarding the specific search query. This will have it show on the search engine results page.
2. Add LSI Keywords
Adding LSI keywords is actually an advanced on-page SEO strategy that is working very well now. These are words and phrases related to your webpage or content topic. Such keywords will confirm to search engines that the content centers around the topic.
When you cover the entire topic on a single webpage, adding relevant LSI keywords appropriately, search engines will take note of this, giving you the chance to rank higher.
You can find LSI keywords on your website using free tools. Search for your main keyword, and you’ll find a list of LSI keywords to help you with ranking and to give you a basis of what you can write about.
3. Monitor Technical SEO
For many websites today, technical SEO isn’t an issue. But while encountering problems are rare, having such can hurt your website’s SEO, which is why you should pay attention to technical SEO as well.
There are three technical SEO factors you should look into:
- Double-check that your website is optimized for all devices, especially mobile devices. After all, most searchers and web surfers use their phones, and if they come across a slow-loading website that doesn’t show a mobile layout, they’d exit and search for another website for convenience. You can check your site’s mobile optimization status with Google free Mobile-Friendly Testing tool, so you can take any appropriate action if required.
- Ensure that your website loads quickly, looking into the loading speed of your page, which is a search engine ranking factor. You can check your website’s loading speed with free tools, and you can take proper action on how to keep your site load quicker.
- If your website runs on WordPress, use the Yoast SEO plugin. While this won’t improve your rankings just because you use it, it can help make your WordPress website more SEO-friendly.
4. Match Content to Search Intent
Search Intent is a term becoming fairly popular in the SEO industry. This means that search engines can figure out if your website is a proper fit for specific keywords. They pay attention to the way people interact with your site, and when people get what they need from your page, your rankings will improve.
If not, then search engines would most likely drop your website down by a few spots. What you should do here is to ensure that your website provides searchers everything they’re looking for.
There are different types of search intent:
Once you figure out what your target audience is looking for, then build your content based on the search intent, matching it for viewers to be interested. Search engines will now want to show your website to even more people, knowing that it’s helpful for searchers.
5. Find the Right Keywords
As you follow the tips mentioned above, you’ll start to see positive results, and it’s time to bring more traffic to your website. A quick and easy way to do that is to optimize your webpage around various relevant keywords.
You can start off with Google Search Console, checking its “Performance on Search Results” report. You can start scanning through queries you rank for, and as you scroll down, you’ll find keywords you aren’t optimizing for. This gives you the opportunity to use these keywords to start ranking for the words and phrases you ranked for “accidentally”.
Either update your content to add these keywords, or create new content around that keyword, including LSI keywords.
6. Reduce the Bounce Rate
Besides using the right keywords and monitoring your website’s SEO and load speed, you should also take proper action in improving its Bounce Rate and rank new content faster. When search engines see people exiting your website quickly, they won’t like it and would put rank your website lower. Just like with search intent, if visitors don’t like what they see or doesn’t match their search intent, you won’t be able to rank higher.
- That’s why you should line up your content with search intent, which would greatly improve the bounce rate. Other than search intent, there are other things to follow, such as:
- Look into the first half of your website, which is the first thing people look at when checking your site. Improve the fold area to push your best content on top for searchers to check what they need.
- Structure your webpage so people know what they look for immediately, such as a short table of contents on your page for people to jump directly to what they want to read.
- As more visuals, such as pictures, videos, screenshots, infographics, charts, or various forms of visual content to add to your page. This will have your content become more interesting and easier to digest, which reduces your bounce rate.
Wrapping It Up
You want to make sure you find a way to rank new content faster on search results as soon as possible, so your target audience will be able to find it. With these tips and tricks, you can now reach goals, may it be more views, conversions, sales, or what! Hopefully, these will help you in the long run, so try them out now and let me know what you think of these tips in the comments section below.
Good luck with your SEO!