Do you have an Amazon gift card but do not feel like using it? If yes, you may be wondering if you can transfer the Amazon gift card balance to PayPal. It’s quite an interesting topic, and there’s a lot of confusion about it. So, let’s bust some myths and unravel some secrets.
Here’s all you need to know about transferring the Amazon gift card balance to PayPal.
Table of Contents
Is It Possible to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to PayPal?
If you’re looking for a straightforward answer, then the answer is No. PayPal doesn’t allow you to convert Amazon gift card balance into PayPal wallet balance. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use it with PayPal. There’s a way that you can add your gift card to your PayPal account. We’ll come to that part in a second, but if you have an Amazon gift card, your best shot is still to use it on Amazon.
An Amazon gift card stays valid for one year, and you can redeem it anytime before that. You may not find the need to buy something from Amazon right now, but you may need to buy something in the future. In that scenario, a gift card can come in handy.
How Can You Use an Amazon Gift Card with PayPal?
Although you can’t transfer an Amazon gift card balance to PayPal, you can add it as a payment method. Follow these steps to add Amazon gift cards to PayPal.
- Open PayPal and log into your account.
- Go to the Wallet section from the home screen.
- Click on the option to link a credit or debit card. Now, click on Link a card manually.
- Next, enter your card details. A few instructions will appear on the screen. Follow all of them, and you’ll be able to add your gift card to PayPal.
Now, go to Amazon and buy something. When checking out, select PayPal as a payment method, and you’ll be able to use your Amazon gift card balance to make the payment.
Please note that you can use the Amazon balance to make a payment on Amazon only. There’s no way to transfer that balance into your PayPal wallet balance, as discussed earlier.
Can You Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to Your Bank Account?
No, it’s not possible to transfer your Amazon gift card balance to your bank account or any other wallet. Amazon gift cards can be used to buy products from Amazon only or some other stores that accept Amazon gift cards. But there’s no provision presently to transfer the Amazon gift card balance to your bank account.
Where Can You Use Amazon Gift Cards?
Though Amazon gift cards are meant to be used on Amazon only, there are some other places as well where you can use them. This information can be critical for you if you don’t want to use your Amazon gift card on Amazon. Here are some ways to use your Amazon gift cards.
- Sell Cards for Cash: A lot of people sell Amazon gift cards for cash. It’s a great way to get rid of your Amazon cards and get real money in hand. There are numerous platforms where you can sell Amazon gift cards. Some prominent websites are Gift Card Granny, Raise, and Gameflip. You can also sell your gift cards on eBay, Reddit, and Facebook. Though you’ll need to offer a small discount, it’s worth it.
- Trade Cards for Crypto: We’re already living in the era of cryptocurrencies, and you can trade Amazon gift cards for crypto now. Websites like LocalBitcoins, Purse, and Paxful enable you to exchange Amazon gift cards and other assets for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Shop for Someone Else: Another good thing you can do with your Amazon gift card is shop for someone else and take money from them in return. For instance, if someone in your family or friends wants to buy something on Amazon, you can offer to buy it from them using your gift card and take the money from them. You could even offer them a 10-20% discount, to make it a win-win situation for both you and them.
- Purchase an Online Subscription: You can use Amazon gift cards to buy online subscriptions to services like Hulu and Netflix. These services don’t accept Amazon gift cards, but you can exchange them for Netflix or Hulu gift cards. These cards can then be used to buy a subscription. Other services like Spotify and Disney+ also support it. Unfortunately and surprisingly, you can’t use an Amazon gift card to buy Amazon Prime. You can buy all these gift cards from Amazon.
- Purchase Google Play Credits: Just like gift cards for Hulu and Netflix, you can use your Amazon gift card to buy Google Play Credits. If you don’t know what Google Play Credits are, they’re a replacement for cash on the Google Play Store. You can use them to buy paid apps or in-app purchases.
- Buy Grocery: If you don’t want to engage in such a long process of exchanging your Amazon gift card for something else, you can use it directly to buy products. Some retail stores accept Amazon gift cards as a payment method. These include 1800PetSupplies, Adam & Eve, 686.com, iHome.com, Daily Steals, Bodybuilding.com, Beach Camera, Auto Part Warehouse, and Alurez.com.
How to Buy an Amazon Gift Card?
If you don’t have an Amazon gift card, you may be wondering how to get one. All you need to do is go to the Amazon Gift Card Store and click on Amazon Pay eGift Card. Enter the amount of gift card you need and proceed to check out. Complete the payment, and you’ll get a notification when your card is ready to share.
If you have an Amazon gift card, you may be wondering if you could convert it into the PayPal wallet balance. Sadly, that’s not possible, but there are a bunch of other ways to use Amazon gift cards. You can sell them, trade them for other gift cards, or buy products using them.
How’d you like to use your gift cards?