With social media being around now for quite a while, there’s little doubt that you are extremely familiar with developing your content calendar. Every digital marketing campaign has a core deliverable, which is to deliver high-quality content that is easily recognisable and is always consistent.
Although the importance of digital marketing is a well-known fact, the planning and development of your content calendar that you actually use and adhere to can seem a daunting task. The creation and development of an effective content calendar need to be consistent in every single aspect, such as blogs, images, videos and even status updates. But a well thought out and developed content calendar is well worth the time is taken and effort as once this is firmly in place, your digital marketing techniques will be enhanced and more effective.
It is also worthwhile completing a digital marketing course to make sure you are up to date with all the latest tips and techniques for developing a content calendar.
Why is a content calendar important?
The importance of developing and using a content calendar is a key part of any overall digital marketing strategy which, if done properly, will steadily boost your digital marketing content. Posting content every day for a week, followed by posting zero posts for the following week defeats the purpose of your digital marketing strategy. A content calendar dramatically improves your digital marketing consistency.
To keep your digital marketing content interesting and current, as well as actively engaging with your audients, it is a non-negotiable to develop a content calendar.
How to start developing your content calendar
As digital marketing includes many different types of online content, such as blogs, images, downloads, or status updates, it is vital to ask a few questions before you start to develop your content calendar.
A good place to start is to ask who your target audience is? In other words, who will be reading your content? It is also important to decide on how your target audience is expected to relate to your content, in other words, how will your content help them with their problem or query?
Try to also define what makes your business unique? As well as what type of digital content would you want to see if you were a potential customer?
These are a few questions that are worthwhile asking before you start to develop your content calendar. You will see, it’s well worth the extra effort.
9 Tips to develop your content calendar
There are many tips, hacks, and techniques that are available to help a digital marketer create an interesting and current content calendar, however, here are some of the top tips that will have a great impact on the content you post.
- Define your content goals – An effective content calendar cannot achieve it’s objective if you fail to define your content goals first. Decide what type of content and how often you want to post.
- Define your target audience – Before creating a content calendar make sure you define what type of audience you want to reach.
- Create a content calendar – Thankfully, many online tools can help a lot in creating a content calendar.
- Channel selection – Choosing which channel to post your content on is an especially important part of developing a content calendar. Each social media platform has its very own distinct way of posting and you will need to know which one is right for your type of content.
- Get the frequency right – Knowing how often to post is just as important as the content you’re posting.
- Use event / date-driven content – Keep in mind upcoming holidays or even the timing of the different weather seasons so you can plan to incorporate these seasonal happenings in your posts.
- Check your stats – Remember to add into your content calendar space to check and analyse your content engagement stats.
- Don’t forget to review – Once you have developed your content calendar don’t forget to review it often as many aspects of content popularity may change and you’ll need to keep up with these changes.
- Always add a CTA – Always add a call-to-action in every single post and be sure to include this CTA in your content calendar.
Incoming search terms:
- https://www africanbusinessreview co za/examples-of-landing-page-blunders-that-could-ruin-your-business html